Flight Sciences / Aerodynamics Engineers
Job Description: Support the design, development, and certification of new aircraft and aircraft modifications. Perform analysis, support testing and prepare documentation for a range of flight sciences disciplines. Specific tasks include:
- Aircraft mission and field performance modeling
- Stability and control analysis
- Wind tunnel and flight test data reduction
- Airplane flight manual development
- Flight dynamics simulation
- Aerodynamic configuration design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis
- Support of loads and flutter analysis
Qualifications: Understanding of aerospace engineering principles and concepts related to aircraft aerodynamics, configuration, performance, and flight dynamics. Capable of simple hand calculations during early product development stages through to full computer simulations, testing and documentation for final certification. Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and must function well in a multi-disciplinary team. Familiarity with computational analysis and CFD methods is a plus. Familiarity with FAR Part 23 and Part 25 certification requirements is a plus.
U.S. Person: U.S. citizenship or ‘Green Card’ is required.
Education: B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering with 3+ years of applied experience